Do you want to be a style expert?
VocationVacations dream job holidays founder, Brian Kurth, knew he liked fashion style expert, Katie Rice Jones, from the start. Within five minutes of their first conversation they found that they share the common bond of being adventurous “cheese heads” from Wisconsin who grew up with the notion that they could do whatever they wanted to do in life. Brian did the corporate climb in Chicago and ultimately created VocationVacations® adventure. Kate went from the potato fields of mid-Wisconsin where the nearest shopping mall was fifty miles away to become a leading fashion style expert seen on television throughout the country. They both still love Wisconsin - and, of course, cheese.
Kate was mentored early-on by a woman who taught her an incredible lesson: Decide what you want to be in life, act on it, talk it, walk it, and learn as much as you can about it, and you will become it. After years of working in the buying and merchandising offices for a large retailer, Kate took her mentor’s advice and formed her own style consultation company in 2001.
Kate says that being a fashion expert and advising the public on style requires more than a good eye and a fondness for clothes. It also requires entertainment skills. In order to “sell” style, one has to look, touch and feel the role to the viewer. “Know thy style self”, she says.
Kate appears on national, cable, syndicated and regional television shows. Appearances have included Lifetime’s “Head 2 Toe” and “New Attitudes”, Fox’s “Good Day Live”, NBC’s “The Other Half”, HGTV’s “Smart Solutions” and Oxygen’s “She Commerce” as well as ongoing regional appearances on “Good Day LA” and San Francisco’s “Evening Magazine”. Click here to view Katie's full bio!
During your two-days with Katie Rice Jones, you will be mentored in some or all of the following:
The Katie Rice Jones Style Expert VocationVacations® experience includes:
- Conduct a stylist pull at a department store
- Shadow Katie on a live television segment
- Participate in a mock on-camera taped interview with Vocationer as style expert and Kate as host
- Create Vocationer on-air personal style/message delivery
- Select what looks best on make-over candidate
- Evaluate appropriate stores and clothing for a television segment
- Review Katie’s tape from the live television and past segments for evaluation
- Write style script
- Review business related issues such as: agents, unions, other business organizations and earnings potential
- Understand difference between cable, regional, national show production
- Two days of one-on-one mentorship in your dream job as a Style Expert
- The opportunity to participate in a total of one hour of pre- and post-VocationVacation career coaching from an accredited, affiliated VocationVacations career coach
- A pocket-size VocationVacations journal so you can document your dream job becoming a reality
- Light lunches with your mentor
Available: All year based on mentor's availability with exception of holiday weekends. Can only be booked 4-8 weeks in advance of a requested date.
Price: $1149 Per Person
(Not included in the price of your VocationVacations® dream job holiday)
Other activities and tourist destinations while on your VocationVacations® adventure:
Reservation, Cancellation and Rescheduling Rules and Conditions:
Full payment of the VocationVacations dream job holiday is required to make a reservation. A $100 non-refundable fee is assessed if a VocationVacations experience is cancelled or rescheduled prior to 14-days of the scheduled VocationVacations holiday, based on the approved availability of the mentor to reschedule. A VocationVacations adventure cannot be rescheduled and is non-refundable if cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled VocationVacations holiday. Written notification of cancellation or rescheduling is required in all cases. In the US, Grounded Nomads, LLC and VocationVacations holidays encourage all customers to acquire travel insurance to cover any unforeseen expenses due to cancellation or rescheduling. In the UK, Grounded Nomads, Ltd and VocationVacations holidays must require all customers to acquire travel insurance to cover any unforeseen expenses due to cancellation or rescheduling and provide verification of such travel insurance to Grounded Nomads, Ltd.